Step by step guide to mix kojic acid:
1. Empty lotion into suitable double boiler pan or microwavable container (Glass Pyrex is best for microwave) or just let the glass mixing bowl stand in hot tap water (takes longer).
2. Heat lotion until watery to 100 – 115 Fahrenheit = 47 Celsius MAX (Do not add kojic acid yet)
3. Remove lotion from heat source
4. Add and mix kojic acid while stirring until dissolved, you may use a stick blender (if your container is deep enough) for just a few seconds if you wish. Keep blender submerged and pulse to avoid sucking air into the lotion. When you mix kojic acid into lotions in large quantities a stick blender is ideal. But when mixing small amounts it is just an option. In any case mixing lotion that is under-heated may stay slightly gritty but kojic acid is water soluble and will completely dissolve in a day or two without re-heating.
5. Pour back into lotion or cream container while still liquid (This is where heating to the upper limit mak
99.9 % Pure Kojic Acid Powder (5g)